Areas of Practice
Nicie began practicing law in 2005 and enjoys the practice of family law. Family law issues can be a difficult time in someone’s life. Nicie prides herself on the relationship she builds with her clients to help them get through challenging circumstances and maneuver the legal minefield of divorce, modification, child access and possession, etc. But she enjoys the happy moments of facilitating an adoption as well.
Nicie also has vast experience in health law and enjoys working with physicians and other healthcare providers. Prior to joining the firm, Nicie served as in-house counsel for a multi-billion dollar health system where she provided General Legal Counsel services to the Texas & New Mexico region consisting of 5,000+ employees, five hospitals with a large medical staff, a large physician medical group, surgery center, imaging center, laboratory, health insurance company, ACO/clinical integration group, and health information exchange.
Nicie also teaches Healthcare Finance & Transactions as an Adjunct Professor at Texas Tech University School of Law.
Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 2005
- U. S. District Courts, Northern District of Texas
Honors & Awards
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, 2014-Current
- First Chair Award – Top Associate General Counsel 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- St. Joseph Health Values In Action Nomination, A Commitment to Dignity – May 2012
- Texas Tech School of Law, 2004 – J.D.
- Southern Methodist University, 1996 - B.A. Psychology & Religious Studies
- Texas Mediation Training, 40 hours
- Presenter of Continuing Medical Education Series:
- General Legal Principles in Healthcare, 2006, 2007
- Market Trends and Legal Principles of Healthcare Partnerships, Oct 2006
- Texas Law: Surrogate Decision Makers and Advanced Directives, Feb 2007
- The Nuts and Bolts of Credentialing and Peer Review, Feb 2007
- Physician Arrangements in a World of Fraud & Abuse, June 2010
- Healthcare Fraud & Abuse, Compliance in the Real World, Jan 2011
- Physician Recruitment Arrangements, June 2011
- Antitrust Laws in Healthcare, Nov 2011
- Conflicts of Interest, April 2012
- Lubbock Area Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association